Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm one of those...

I dream about my work, especially about pieces/projects challenging me at the time of the dreaming. There's been a lot of dreaming lately, accelerated by the printmaking class
es I've been taking.
I'll take this as a good sign, whereas there was a time when I thought that making prints would never engage me in any way other than a superficial one. There are still aspects of the medium (such as making books and some of the "craftier" processes that go on-namely "magic" papers and pattern-making scissors, etc.) that I find without great merit. Maybe some of this feeling is because I am still so anchored in 3D work and, more recently, painting. I have pulled off (pardon the pun) some painterly prints of late which have left me more satisfied than other attempts.
Interestingly, I noticed that I've no concept/desire to sell any of this work. Perhaps this will come with time when I feel a bit more sure of myself with the medium. Sadly, I've only used my press for about six or seven impressions….but I think when I'm not going to school 2X a week, this will change.

I titled this painting Napadora, a play on the name Pandora…

No comments: