Friday, February 14, 2014

monoprint workshop

This class I've taken at the SF Community College is eating up all my spare time. For the money, I can't think of a greater bargain: a weekly 5 hour class with 3 days of open studio available-that totals about 20 hours of working time…
I'm pulling about 5-10 prints a week (wasting print paper, which ain't cheap, just like I always threatened I'd do!).
Exhausted from thinking in such a different mode-my studio is presently gathering lots of dust. If anyone from back home should ask me if the move out here has changed my work, now I can give them a hearty "Yup!", as I'm still thrilled with the new painting and even that excitement has been superseded by this class in mono print…
I do have to take some snaps of the above mentioned-I'm so far behind in taking shots of my work…if I ever needed help in the studio, that's the one place I'd ask for it.
Seeing a new therapist for my back/sciatic issues and so far so good. Still in pain (I expect no instant cure-all here), but I like the tack she is taking: that i should get to know and read my own damn body and start intuiting cures/care, etc. Meanwhile, it's business as usual in Santa Fe-they really do have the most interesting forms of medicine and curative arts out here...

No comments: